Saturday, March 28, 2009

Eco-friendly Wedding

Instead of doing my student teaching unit (too much of a bore!), I've been indulging myself in wedding blogs!

I am finding SO MANY great ideas. I think I may have the reception still at Petruzello's or some other fancy place to appease my "likes gaudy things" Italian father and "likes nice things" mother-in-law. I am on the search for an earth friendly ceremony site though! Any suggestions? We are looking in the Troy/Rochester area.

Today, I am impressed with {{eco-friendly}} options for a wedding!

I like the idea of printing our own invitations. Not only will it probably save my money which will be nice for the budget, but if we use environmentally safe paper... it'll be eco-friendly too! I love this idea:


From: Green Field Paper Company

Invites that you can water and grow flowers! HOW AWESOME IS THAT!? Now, I just have to find a place that will print on them. OR see if we can use our own printers at home.

And... how awesome would it be to use recyclable wrapping paper to line the envelopes. I love this wrapping paper:


From: Green Field Paper Company
haha! May be not for the wedding, but I do love it!

OR


From: Green Field Paper Company
A little retro, but I think I like it!


I also like the idea of this! A quilt!

from fellow blogger: 2000 Dollar Budget Wedding

I found this on a fellow blogger's site. They asked for their guests to mail a piece of fabric. They sewed the pieces together to make a quilt. [[THIS IS THE BEST PART]] instead of doing a unity candle or that sand thing.. they were wrapped in this quilt. They even signed their wedding license while wrapped from the "love of family and friends". Absolutely LOVE it!


Also I like the idea of using sheets as tablecloths! You can probably find some very cute ones at resale stores or just on clearance, I love these...{They're from some retro website}






Okay, one last thing {for now}.


from fellow blogger: 2000 Dollar Budget Wedding


Vases for centerpieces made out of recycled wine bottles. LOVE IT. I even like the idea of using recycled wine bottle as water pitchers.


There's SO many ideas out there. I love them all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment