Monday, February 8, 2010

Guest Book- Revamped

The guestbook. Guest sign their names. Include their addresses. You barely ever read it. I know I wouldn't. Sorry : / That's the norm.

Hmm... the norm.

Needless to say, I have been trying to find a different approach to the guest book. A few that I found that I like:

  • a book with pockets (kind of like those in the back of a library book) with note cards where guest can write personal messages.
  • paper note pads labeled, "In 5 years", "In 10 years", "In 25 years.", etc, and guests include their predictions.
  • Polaroid pictures of each guest that they take themselves and include a message under their pictures or on the polaroid itself.
  • Sign aprons with fabric markers. I do like to cook & I {really} want an apron. Keeping hinting that I want one! haha.
  • Sign pieces of scrap fabric that later can be sewn together to a quilt, or wall hanging. ((one of my favs!-- just wish I could sew with a machine better than by hand. haha.))
Lots & Lots of ideas!!!
All easy DIY projects.

Recently, found this fun & entertaining idea:


courtesy of theknot.com:)

Mad Lib guest book. I imagine on the backside, they fill just the words. Ya know, list "adjective. verb. noun. noun. plural noun. adjective..." Then, also include the name & may be even the address on the bottom.

Showed it to Chris. He liked it. I think this is one way to include our quirkiness & humor into the wedding. And what a way for guest to pass the time during the cocktail hour waiting for us to arrive fashionably late!

I think this might be the one. Oh yay!! :)

Now, where can we put this so guests can fill these out without holding up a line. Now, that is a GOOD question!! Havn't figured that part out yet ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment